Pitch Wars #PiMPMyBio
Throwing my hat into the ring...
With The Scythe Wielder's Secret behind me, I'm moving away from YA into the big scary world of books for grown ups (insert audience gasp here). As such, I've decided to enter the annual #PitchWars contest as a prospective mentee. This is my first attempt at PW, so here's a fun look at me and my writing.
Five Facts about Me
1. I teach high school theatre. With 6 drama classes, over 200 students, and 4-5 shows a year, it's one of the most active theatre programs in the Washington DC area. While many authors dream of seeing their works in film, my personal dream is to one day see an adaptation of my books on stage. (Cursed Child looks amazing by the way!)
2. I'm married to fabulous romance author Rachel Mannino (who's also doing PitchWars), and any day now we are going to be having our first BABY!
3. I never drank coffee or alcohol until I met my wife.
4. I've wanted to be a full time writer since I was ten. My series The Scythe Wielder's Secret is a YA Fantasy trilogy traditionally published by small press MuseItUp, with book three releasing this September.
5. I sing all the time. I sing while writing, driving, even while teaching.
But what's he doing now??
My entry for PitchWars is a polished adult sci-fi thriller.
PILLARS OF CHAOS
After a noted geneticist is crucified in front of the White House, his protegee is thrown into a tangled web of riddles and lies, hoping to uncover the dangerous truth about his research. Strange half-visible towers emerge across the entire world, and a group of scientists threaten to bring nations to their knees. The future of humanity lies encoded in our DNA.
If you enjoy Dan Brown
or Michael Crichton
then you'll love PILLARS OF CHAOS.
6/26/2016 02:02:04 pm
Early congratulations for a baby! Your life sounds crazy busy and I admire you for balancing it all. Good luck to you and your wife.
6/26/2016 04:04:35 pm
Thanks Anna- probably could have added professional juggler (time wise) to the list. :-)
6/29/2016 12:50:40 pm
Your book sounds great! Good luck.
6/29/2016 01:00:38 pm
Thanks- and yes- #pitchwarsParents2B needs to be a thing now. :-)
7/5/2016 03:52:10 pm
Great premise! Good luck with PitchWars!
Leave a Reply.